Rarduja International started as an Initiative by Eddy Duru in April 1999 (Then Green Foundation) upon his arrival to Germany Europe in 1996, as a migrant, he saw and experienced how it was to live in Europe without proper planning.
During those few years, he received several calls from Nigerian youths asking him to help them to come over to Europe. He counseled several youths over the phone encouraging them to stay focused on whatever they’re doing, hence coming to Europe must be well planned. In April 1999, Eddy Duru travelled to Nigerian and called the youths of his community to give the first re-education on Unplanned Journey Abroad. He established men & women on that journey hence RARDUJA was born.
The purpose of every journey must be defined because when Purpose is not known, abuse becomes inevitable.
Hon. Eddy Duru is the President and Founder of RARDUJA International. He is a Nigerian with a German Nationality. He is also a Counselor Member representing Foreigners in Hessen State of Germany.
Hon. Eddy Duru, having lived in Germany Europe for over 21 years and having had the opportunity to travel around the world, has a first-hand experience on several issues affecting African illegal migrants in Europe and America – the deaths, the difficulties, the failed expectations, the lies, the frustrations and the successes .
Day in, day out, several news are heard of deaths of illegal immigrants trying to cross into Europe and America through sea, desert or some other illegal ways. However, this situation is better preventive than curative; hence RARDUJA Africa was initiated.
To build the spirit of patriotism and nationalism in African youths for their respective nations.
Our mission statement as the acronym RARDUJA goes, is enlightenment, informing and re-educating Nigerian/African youths on why they should not be involved in ‘panic migration’, especially engaging in such journey through the death traps of the sea, the desert and likewise.
RARDUJA believes that preventive measures as a remedy for illegal migration is better than curative deals. Hence the things we aim at, so as to objectively achieve these are as follows:
- To bring to the awareness of youths at different levels, the risks and dangers inherent in ‘panic’ migration abroad, because of the suppose harsh economy, by conducting seminars and workshops.
- To develop human capacity, we strongly encourage entrepreneurship, skill acquisition, hand work and vocational studies for the youths.
- To reduce the quest for migration, We make alternative offer to the youths by offering them a no interest micro credit to enable them establish a workshop/business and other trade investment depending on the area of interest and specialization.
- To breed a new generation of Nigerians/Africans who believe that the change in their nation can only come through collective efforts, dedication, transparency and productivity.
- To promote the harnessing of African rich and untapped resources by youthful Nigerian/African technocrats and intellectuals.
- To encourage and support African Diaspora returnees, re-absorb them and the professionals amongst them are encouraged to give back their acquired knowledge to their respective countries.
- To integrate back into the society / home country, those who had failed expectations in Europe and overseas.
- To deliver susceptible victims of human traffickers, by exposing their baits and luring characteristics in seminars, workshops, publications and airwaves jiggles.
- To author and publish books that answer to various questions and demands placed on the above aims and objectives